Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Martial Arts training improves confidence and grades.

Thank you Mr. Woodburn for a terrific testimonial.  You are an inspiration to all of us and a great example of what it really means to be a martial artist and a leader. – Master Randall

 

Jake Woodburn said: 7/6/2010

I've loved mixed martial arts for a long time now, but only recently did my friend Stefan invite me into the class at the academy. And only recently did I discover what the martial arts are really about, discipline, respect and honesty. Since joining the academy I have been told that I have improved in many aspects of my life. My dad was the first to notice that I now have a much easier time approaching strangers and introducing myself than I previously had. My confidence in myself has sky rocketed, and I now feel comfortable in many situations that I would have been uncomfortable in before. I have become more of an honest person now, and I see many things in my life progressing as well. Since joining MRBBA, my grades have actually gone up. I now have a 3.1 GPA and am proud of my improvement over time. I also have learned to handle things better. I used to be a very emotional kid, and would get flustered fairly easily. But now I'm stronger and I know how to effectively manage my thoughts and emotions. I have to give a sincere thank you to everyone at MRBBA for helping me achieve all of this, and hopefully more in the future.

Followers